It's hard to believe that it's December 2019 already. I think we are all staring at our calendar and wondering how it is possible we are approaching the end of another year. I've stood next to girlfriends recently and we've discussed our plans to meet for dinner or a workout or just some mom conversation... before we can even get a date established, we look at each other, laugh, and say, "well, there's always next year!" Time continues to quickly pass by and because of that I want to make sure that I'm being very intentional about using my time the best way that I can. The other day a friend of mine shared a series of questions that allows us to reflect on our year and also begin to think about how we can make changes to benefit us, our family, and our work in 2020. I'm sharing below and I'd love for you to take some time to work through these independently because I found them to be really thought-provoking and beneficial as I think about my 2020 goals. I want to continue to grow and develop the skills to be the best I can be. In order to do that, being reflective and thoughtful in my journey is critical!
1) What one event, big or small, are you going to tell your grandchildren about?
2) If you had to describe your 2019 in 3 words, what would they be?
3) What new things did you discover about yourself?
4) What single achievement are you most proud of?
5) What was the best news you received?
6) What was your favorite place that you visited in 2019?
7) Which of your personal qualities turned out to be the most helpful this year?
8)Who was your number one go-to person that you could always rely on?
9) Which new skills did you learn?
10) What, or who, are you most thankful for?
11) If someone wrote a book about your life in 2019, what kind of genre would it be? A comedy, love story, drama, or something else?
12) What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2019?
13) Which mental block(s) did you overcome?
14) What 5 people did you most enjoy spending time with?
15) What was your biggest break-through moment career-wise?
16) How did your relationship to your family evolve?
17) What book or movie affected your life in a profound way?
18) What was your favorite compliment that you received this year?
19) What little things did you most enjoy during your day-to-day life?
20) What cool things did you create this year?
21) What was your most common mental state this year (e.g. excited, curious, stressed)?
22) Was there anything you did for the very first time in your life this year?
23) What was your favorite moment spent with your friends?
24) What major goal did you lay the foundations for?
25) Which worries turned out to be completely unnecessary?
26) What experience would you love to do all over again?
27) What was the best gift you received?
28) How did your overall outlook on life evolve?
29) What was the biggest problem you solved?
30) What was the funniest moment of your year, one that still makes it hard not to burst out laughing when you think about it?
31) What purchase turned out to be the best decision ever?
32) What one thing would you do differently and why?
33) What do you deserve a pat on the back for?
34) What activities made you lose track of time?
35) What did you think about more than anything else?
36) What topics did you most enjoy learning about?
37) What new habits did you cultivate?
38) What advice would you give your early-2014 self if you could?
39) Did any parts of your self or your life do a complete 180 this year?
40) What or who had the biggest positive impact on your life this year?